Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sticks and Stones do brake bones, and so does falling out of a shopping cart!!!


On Tuesday night Kendyl fell out of the shopping cart and broke her collar bone.


I feel so bad. I have just started letting Kendyl stand in the back part of the cart. As many of you moms know, trying to keep a two year old in the seat is next to impossible. It is either have her in the back or running around the store. Well, I choose letting her stand in the back. I had just told her to sit down and hold on when she started doing the arm waving on the brink of falling thing that you do. I jump to catch her, as did an nice guy standing next to us. Both of us missed and Kendly slammed her shoulder onto the ground. She stopped crying pretty soon after and even started telling all the strangers in the store that she fell out of the cart. She also mumbled something about a guy trying to catch her. It was very cute. I thought that everything was fine. She was able to move her arm. Then I picked her up (under her arm pits) to put her in the car. She started to scream and then didn't stop for an hour. Kendyl is a very tough chick. She doesn't even cry when she gets her shots, so I knew something had to be wrong. Sure enough, a broken collar bone.


There is nothing they can do for the brake. We just have to keep it in a sling. Ironically I broke my collar bone when I was three.



I am just throwing this picture up because I feel that Kendyl has got all the attention lately. Here is Andre with a sweet jump on his scooter. You can't really tell but he is in the air. He is so funny. I love the face!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Stop it right now! That picture of her leaning against the wall breaks my heart! Poor thing!! Seriously, we ALL let our toddlers stand in the back of the cart! It's either a broken collar bone, or stolen, or lost and scared, or... the list goes on and on! That really sucks that it happened to Kendyl. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Poor little munchkin. kisses and hugs for the adorable little K. I am sorry it had to happen to her. Mikell (Nisha's daughter) just had her collarbone broken too. She had the sling for a few days (I think like 2 weeks). Hugs to K.

Tiffany said...

Awww, poor baby girl. She is still the cutest, most darling girl. Love the pictures even thought they are sad, but so sweet! In the course of 3 days Corbin fell out of the kart at Target right on his head then 2 days later he was leaning over too far and pulled the entire kart over...Jack and all. Jack scraped his gums and Corbin was just scared. The whole store stopped to see the "awesome" mom I was. I had to leave right then and leave my full kart. Fun times!

Shannon said...

My poor little munchkin! I would rather my collar bone break a thousand times rather than have to have her feel any pain! I hope she gets feeling better soon. She knows aunt Shannon is here should she need anything. I am glad that I was the favorite part of her day the other day when she fell but considering the day she had I am relieved that I am more fun than a broken collar bone at least. Love you Kendyl Loo!! Let me know if you need more ice cream...

Jaci said...

poor girl! I actually heard about this before reading the blog... I have been staying at my parents' this week and my dad told me about it. Cute grandpas at Utah Power talk about the grandkids more than we realize. Sweet little Kendyl, good thing you are a toughy! You sure are cute!
Andre-- awesome moves on the scooter! You are a mini teenager already! :)

McKenna's page said...

So sad, she looks so cute in the pictures though. Unfortunatley I broke my collor bone when I was two also, I fell out of my high chair. Crazy two year olds.

m@R(! said...

that is so sad to see a 2 year old in a sling! what a tough girl!

Heather said...

she's so cute in her little sling. I loved how when I saw her today she was almost bragging about it! I'm sorry I haven't checked out your blog in so long! I love all the pix. We're crossing our fingers for wes' sleep center, too.
And I love andre's jump. you can tell he's in the air.

Holly and Robert said...

Poor Kendyl. I love the faces in the pictures! nice jump, Andre!

Melinda said...

Poor little Kendyl! Sounds like she's a tough little cookie though. I just stopped at a store that didn't have the double shopping carts because it was more convenient than the one that did. Big mistake. I thought for sure it was going to end in disaster because the twins would not sit down. After reading your blog, I will never do that again!

Check out Andre's moves! He will be in the x-games before long. :)

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

Ouch, My daughter fell out of a cart at the same age, only she had a bad concusion. I think that it is really common. I hope she is feeling better.