Sunday, October 12, 2008

Where did my blog go???

It was a sad day at the Archibald House, two weeks ago when I realized my blog had been deleted! Two years of blogging gone. We have had some hope that we would get all my posts back, but it is starting to look bleaker and bleaker as the days go on. Isn't there a recycle bin some where in cyberspace that would have the Archibunch life on file. By the way trying to get tech support from goggle is imposable! Wes was able to get my domain name back but I think I am going to have to give up on my posts, unless anyone out there has an ideas.

This is a pretty big deal to me because I used this blog as a journal and I had two great years of journaling. I started this blog right after we had Kendyl. Needless to say I was devastated. After giving myself a good hour to cry over this I called my dear friend Heather. Her wise council made me feel better. She told me I still had the pictures at least and the memories are still there. After talking with her I saw the bigger picture of life and felt much better. Thanks Heather I love ya!
My sweet husband, being the man that wants fix all my problems in life, has spent a lot of time posting on blogger's help page. He even called Google (the only number he could find) and was hung up on twice.
On the positive side of things I was able to get back my same address, YEAH. Other good news is that I did back up some of my blog. The bad news is I haven't back up since last September. So, technically I have only lost one year. Note to all y'all, back up your blogs!!! So thanks to all those of you that have been concerned about us and our blog. Everything is okay in our life. We are just have some technical difficulties.


I can't help but think, what if I could have all that time back that I spent blogging. What could I have accomplished. I bet I could have read the Book of Mormon Twice, maybe more. It is horrible to think about.
Well I hope I have no more problems like this. All we can do know is pray!

20 comments:

Janee said...

I was wondering what happened to it! How did it get deleted? My friend's husband deleted her blog last week and has managed to get back most of it (put they had a public blog). Apparently Google takes a snap shot of your posts. But if mine were deleted I'd be screwed bc my blog is private! SO sorry to hear!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I was wondering if you changed your blog. Good luck finding everything. I hope it all works out!!!

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, that is so sad!!! I'm so sorry.

Jamie Jo said...

P.S. Do I have your e-mail so that you have access to mine?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I will have to start backing mine up too.

McKenna's page said...

I love that picture of Kendyl praying. Glad you were able to get your name back at least.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to get your blog back. I've been so sad for you because you put so much work into it! I know you will be able to make it special again, though.

Shannon said...

Sorry about the blog. Hopefully you can still get it back. Beautiful pictures of my sweet niece! Even with a pouty face she is adorable!!

Kim said...

Hey Amanda,

It's me Kim(I met you this summer at Coby Rich's b-day party) I was the friend that Janee was talking about in her comment. My husband deleted my blog last week and he was able to get most of it back. You should check out my blog. He explains how he did it. Let me know if you need some help. It is pretty upsetting losing all those memories.

Roy Hobbs Media said...

Amanda,

I feel your pain. I've never met you, I am Kim's husband, Craig. I deleted her blog a few days ago. Its a lot of work to put it back together. You might not get all of them, but I did a few searches and i think you will be able to get quite a few of the posts back. Log into your account, then go to google and type title of one of your most recent posts in quotes followed by and archibald - I just messed around a little bit and I found one of your posts. Try typing

"Most of you who read my blog all ready know about" and Archibald into google (type the word and) You will see what I mean. Good luck! A lot of it is still there. Just make the new post, and copy and past the one you find into the new post and re-publish it.

Craig

Holly and Robert said...

Hey Mandy, on my google reader a lot of your post are there so we just need to figure how to get them to you...

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Oh my .... no words can describe the fit i would throw!

im so sorry!

Angie Tolman said...

I am so glad you are back, but so sad you have to go to all that work. What do you mean by back it all up?

vrob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vrob said...

Anyone out there subscribed to this blog through a feed reader like google reader? All the posts should be in your archive...

Some possibly helpful info:
http://betabloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-recover-deleted-blogs.html

vrob said...

Whoops...just saw that someone else has them...

m@R(! said...

i am sorry you lost so much work..not fun!! i have all your post in my goodreader since Dec 17 of last year but that is it...if you want them i could copy and send them to ya. let me know..i saw someone else has some also.

Heather said...

Wow- in your time of trial I am specially mentioned on your blog! I feel so important! :O) j/k you know i'm always here for you and to try to make you feel better. You would do the same for me. It sounds like all is not lost. I'm so happy for you. I still haven't backed mine up but I need to get on that. I haven't been online much at all lately. but it's great that you're back and you'll have most of your posts back. yay!

Heather said...

btw- LOVE the pictures of kendyl. super cute, as usual!

Jaci said...

i'm glad those prayers worked! I was so confused and sad when there was no archibunch to be found on the www! Glad you are back though.
these photos of are darling. I love the prayer one!
Do you have a price list available for family/newborn shots? If so, could you email me jaciudy@gmail or just give me a call.
Thanks mandy!
love, jaci