Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or treating in Flip flops!!!
I can not remember a time in my life that it has not been freezing on Halloween. Well, this was the first. I even had people trick-or-treating in flip flops. It was so warm like 70 degrees. It was so fun sitting on our porch with all the other neighbors on theirs, handing out the candy. It also was fun to see the kids costumes, instead of them covered up with coats. Ours kids had a great day too.

Andre was a very handsome Indiana Jones and Kendyl was the cutest cowgirl. Well, I guess Kendyl was a cowgirl who got bucked off her horse because she also sported a sling.

I just love the ham that Andre is. He is always willing to strike a pose
We could not forget the whip. What a great idea, send my kid out with a weapon!!! No kids are stealing his candy this year.

I wasn't sure if Kendyl would want to wear the horse because of her collar bone but she loved it. She would hug it and kiss it. Just like last year, this was a recycled costume of Andre's. I figured I had one more year before she would pick her own thing. Good thing she loves horses. Hey, check it out in the background, our grass is growing, yeah!

This is Andre wearing the Horse in 2005. He was three! He made a pretty cute cowboy too. None of my family remembered this costume because we lived in Michigan. I am not even sure if they have seen this picture. I stuffed the horse more this year and had to hem the legs up. They were still too long. Kendyl has the shortest legs.

Andre didn't have school this Halloween so during the day we went to main street and trick-or-treated. The historical part of main street every year lets the kids come and trick-or-treat. It was really fun. There were kids and grown ups everywhere all dressed up walking the side walks. For those of you who live by me, I suggest going. It starts when the stores open and goes I think all day. They got a lot of candy.

This year I think our pumpkin decorating turned out pretty good. Vote who you thinks is the cutest.

Andre's

Kendyl's

Mandy's

Wesley's
We had a great holiday. We got a lot of goodies and thanks to Andre's peanut allergy we get to eat all the treats with peanuts which, let's be honest, are the best ones anyway. Sorry Buddy you really are missing out.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Cutest trick or treaters that I ever saw! As for whose pumpkin I like more. I think Andre's pirate gets my vote!

Melinda said...

1. I vote for Andre's pirate. Your Batman is a close second.
2. LOVE the horse costume. Indy is pretty sweet too. . .especially with the whip.
3. I also love your front door/entry way. (So not the point, I know. But it caught my eye.)

Holly and Robert said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun! I love it that your kids will pose for pictures!!

Calder Family said...

So cute! I love the pumpkins too! I couldn't believe the weather either, it was crazy! Definatley nice. I hope Kendal is feeling better, poor little thing!

Heather said...

your pumpkins are so cute....and so are the costumes. you always do such a great job with whatever project you take on. move over martha!

Crazy Me said...

Mandy,
those picts are so adorable! The horses crack me up! ARe you still doing pictures? Maybe you can do some for our family for chistmas? MIndi