Sunday, March 29, 2009

Andre's Birthday
Okay I thought since it has nearly been a month since Andre's Birthday, I thought it was about time to get his birthday pictures posted! I am getting worse and worse about blogging. I can even find time to clean my house, let alone blog.
Photobucket
On his actual Birthday we just had grandparents and my sister over for cake. Andre did get to have his best friend Gavin stay for pizza and cake. Some of his presents were. High school musical 3, a new skateboard (Dad broke his other one), A Nerf gun. Play mobiles, books, Star wars stuff, and transformers.
Photobucket
here is Kendyl blowing out the candles before it was time!
Photobucket
Finally after a re-lighting Andre was reading to make a wish!
Photobucket
This year we through a magic themed party. I love themed parties Andre has had some fun ones. This one was one of the funniest I think, although I am not sure nothing to touch his super hero one a few years ago.

Photobucket
here are pictures of the invitations I made. We gave each kid a stack of cards in side this box. The box read Ali-ka-zoo, Ali-ka-zam. Pick a card that says how old I am. Then they went through the cards until they came to the number 7. On the number 7 card was the rest of the invitation with the details on it. I thought they had fun getting them. Andre had fun giving them.
Photobucket
At the party we had the wonderful magician that goes by Wesley. That's right he also knows magic. Just one more thing to add to his resume. What else dose he have up his sleeve? He was very inexpensive and very good. He is now booking for summer parties!!! Just kidding but he did do great.
Photobucket
Somethings in his bad of tricks were: Turning a Pennie into a dime, turning two bunnies into six, and making bubble gum appear. He also taught the kids a few card tricks and a trick with the wands we gave them as favors.
Photobucket
The cupcakes did not turn out they way I planned. So we had to improvise. They were suppose to be top hats with rabbits coming out of the hat. When they came out the oven a little misshaped we had to come up with something else. So I shoved the rabbit into the cup cakes spread some frosting on them and told them they had to pull the rabbit out of the cake. The kids loved it.
Photobucket
While they were downstairs watching Wes' magic show. I went up stairs and hid there cupcakes under each of the top hats we gave as another favor. When they were all sitting I had them wave their magic wands over their hats and say the magic words. Then they lifted the hats and voila there was the cupcakes. Wow magic hahaha.
Photobucket
The favors we gave them were the top hat and wands. Then we also gave them these boxes that had candy and a few other things that went with some magic tricks Wes had taught them.
Photobucket
Here is all the crew showing off one of the tricks they learned with there wands. They were a great group of kids.

Thanks to all the kids that helped make Andre's birthday special. Thanks to the most talented husband in the World Wes. (Seriously is there anything he can't do). Most of all thanks to the best little boy in the world Andre. I guess it is time I dropped the "little" part. I swear that seven is so much bigger then six. I am so glad to be your mom Andre!!!
Photobucket
I know these are random but I just can't believe it! This is how we had to dress to day. Some one pissed of mother nature. She just keeps teasing up with spring and just when all our snow is melted, bam she throws down a blizzard. Serous we got like 6 more inches just since this morning. I can only say one thing. I can't wait till mexico!!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great party for a great boy!! You are so creative too and if you wanted another job as a party planner, I bet you could be a really successful one! Yeah I was wondering who ticked off mother nature too. I am so sick of snow.

About us said...

Where do you get all these beautiful beanies! I was so mad when I woke upu to snow...yuck.

Joann said...

Happy Birthday Andre! What a cute idea for his party.

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Great Party. But... well... um....
my invitation must have got lost in the mail!

Mandy and Wes- you guys are officially old! You have a 7 year old son, man you must have a few grey hairs by now. I more year till he's 8!
Gosh you guys are old!

Amy said...

Mandy, you are so creative and come up with such great stuff for your kids. I don't know if I'll ever be as good a mom as you!

Holly and Robert said...

Looks like a ton of fun!! Good job Wes on the magic tricks!!

Sanders said...

Mandy you are so creative. You have a gift!!! Love the pictures of your kids! We need to hang out soon!

Melinda said...

Mexico?! Will you pack me in your suitcase? ha ha. What a fun party idea. I loved the invitations. . .very clever. Happy b-day Andre!

Anonymous said...

So you may know OF me from Tiffany, but I hope you don't mind a stranger checking out your blog!
Anyway, I just have to tell you that I love your AMAZING party. The invitations were just darling and I love all the little party favors. What great, creative ideas. So fun.