Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kendyl's First Dance Recital

Kendyl has been taking dance this past year from a lady in my old ward. She just started up this dance group and is super cheap. Kendyl loved it! Mostly, at this age, she had them dance around to fun songs and let them feel rhythms and taught them some basic steps and foot potions. She did manage to teach them a little routine which was quite impressive that she could get 2 and 3 year olds to listen to her long enough to retain the information. She was a great teacher. Thanks Ruth for wanting to share your talents.
Friday was the big Dance recital. Kendyl was still recovering from a nasty flu virus but she was a true little ham and loved being on the stage.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I guess you could call me a stage mom!!! This was the girls back stage getting ready for their big performance. As you can tell Kendyl has perfect Ballerina etiquette!
Photobucket
Here is the video of her dance it was great Kendyl was one step behind everyone. There always has to be that one and Kendyl was that one. Considering that she missed that weeks practice and the dress rehearsal the night before I think she did fantastic. I must say I thought she was the cutest ballerina up there (I am not bias or anything).



Photobucket
Great plee-a (spelling???)Kendyl.

Photobucket
Andre loved seeing his little sister! Andre loves to dance too. I have been trying to find a hip hop dance class for boys and I haven't found one yet!!! Does anyone know of any? I might try to make my own group and find a teacher to teach them.


I had the opportunity to take the dance pictures. It was a lot of fun and they are all really cute girls. I will post some on my photography blog soon. Here are a few of Kendyl's
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kendyl you sure are a cutie. I am glad you love to danced so much.



I need your help in setteling a debate. I love this picture all vintaged but Wes said he liked the color one better at the top. What do you think?

20 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Could she be any cuter? Why can't Milly have hair!!! I want to get her in the dance class the next time it starts up. Those are great pictures. I love the vintage.

Holly and Robert said...

Looks cute! I like them both!! She is such a ham!! I wonder where she gets it!?! Have fun in Mexico!

Callisters said...

So cute! I love the vintage one as well. Hey my boys love to dance as well and I found out that over here in Tremonton they are trying to get a boy's dance class going for next year. I will have to let you know what I find out.

Anonymous said...

Vintage! (sorry Wes) I really wish I had a girl too! So cute.

Shannon said...

I like both the color and the vintage. So cute! I loved seeing her dance. She is the cutest little girl in the whole world and that's not bias, just the truth!

Jaci said...

These pictures are adorable. Kendyl has grown up so much. She is so photogenic! I bet it's not hard to get her to smile!
You do great work Mandy! I love your pictures. We miss seeing the Archi bunch around. Hope Logan is treating you well.

Amy said...

I just don't think she could be any cuter...

Lindee said...

that was so precious! i've been wanting to get addy in something like that. such cute pictures! and i like the vintage one better.

Janee said...

She can't get any cuter! I love these! I'll probably be a total stage mom lol :)

K S & R said...

Oh my gosh, both of those backstage shots are so cute!! I almost get totally different vibes from both of them... Kendyll really is a ham. What a sweetie!

Calder Family said...

She is the most adorable thing!I need a girl! Definately the vintage!

Joann said...

You are so talented! I can't get over how cute those pics are. I'll second you, Kendyl was definitely the cutest ballerina up there. I wish I had a girl so I could do all this fun girlie stuff! And I have to say the vintage one is much better (it hides the ugly blue curtain)

michelle said...

So adorable! Your family picture is great too, I love your hair!

This is random but last night we watched this new tv show with 'Ryan Atwood' aka Benjamin Mckenzie and I just kept thinking of our OC parties...how I miss the days of Seth and Summer!

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

That is too cute! You should have told us about it...Macie would have LOVED to come & watch her! Her hair looks really cute too, all curly & girly! Love it!

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

Oh & love the picking the nose shot, that's a classic! HAHAHA...what a funny girl!

Angie Tolman said...

I want to know so I can put Sami and Tiare in a class. I want something simple and everything I've found is too much. They just want to dance-not have lots of pressure.
Pictures are so cute. I like them both, but I think it's depends on what you are going to do with them. If you are putting them on a wall that's pink go Vintage, if you are puting them on a white wall-go color. I loved them both and agree with the Binghams-different vibes. SO CUTE!!!

The Green Family said...

My vote is for Vintage. Also, my Ethan would love to join your hip-hop group. Let me know when you get it started...

Thanks for the great photo session today! I can't wait to see the end result. - Mandi

www.stagedelements. blogspot.com said...

She is darling! Now I know why Brody was stealing G'Night kisses! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture of Kendyl... she is beautiful! Could you do the vintage picture with the little girls dresses in pink still? That would look darling!

McGinnis Family said...

Kendyl's hair is so dang cute and adorable!!!!