Monday, September 27, 2010

Sometimes you feel that you are a complete failure......and then you get a letter like the one I got a few days ago.

Photobucket

Needless to saw it brought a tear to my eye and made me realize that I am not that bad of a mom as I think. In all honestly though, I am not sure I can take the credit. Andre just, Truly, is a great Human being. He surprises me everyday with his compassion and love for others. He wears his heart on his sleeve and gives it freely. I love him so much and could not be any prouder. It is moments like these that I will cherish forever. Andre thanks for being a great example to me and to our family. You are awesome.
Photobucket

Here are some back to school pictures.
Photobucket

WOW the 3rd grade!! when did he get so big. Andre is loving school so far. He has two really great teachers.
Photobucket

Do you love the sneakers. I totally had a mom moment when he pointed these out to me. My mom use to tell me. She could pick out the ugliest thing in the store and I would love it. Well mom, I guess we have come full circle. I consider myself a hip Mom. I am in on fashion trends and rock some of them myself, but seriously, 1985 called they want there high tops back. What I have to ask is what's next.......And don't even ask to shave side steps in your hair.

6 comments:

Heather said...

that is so sweet. sydney befriended a girl who had nobody to play with, too, and it's fun to see how good it makes her feel. I think these kids we are raising are made of stronger stuff than us sometimes. you're having fun in disneyland!

Holly and Robert said...

That is awesome!! I can't believe he is in third grade where did time go!!! Give us a call when you get down this way...

Shannon said...

He is a great example to us all. I love that kid so much! Hope you are having fun in the horrid heat at Disneyland :).

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

That even brought a tear to my eye.
All I have ever wanted is to raise a kind and loving child. Kudos to you (and Wes)and pray for me! hehe

Angie Tolman said...

That brought a tear to my eye too! he's sounds liek an awesome kid! I didn't expect anything less. I love the sneakers! I would probably DIE if my son asked for them he is so not for the bright and trendy. Then I wold fall over laughing because I would think of your funny comments!!

Melinda said...

What a great kid!! That speaks volumes for his upbringing. You guys are fantastic parents!