Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Arichensons Family Christmas Party
Fondue anyone? Well to bad, not when Mandy's cooking. Let's just say fondue is not the easiest thing to cook. Note to self, never plan on cooking something for your friends if you have never cooked it before. Thanks to all of you for still eating it and lying and telling me it was not that bad. I love friends who know when to tell the truth and when to lie!!!

I am very thankful for Bettie. She showed up early to help me out. The story was a lot funnier with some one to share it with. I probably would have cried if I didn't have her to laugh with. It all started out with the chocolate fondue, which went well, until Bettie and I neglected it because of the mess we were in with the cheese fondue. As it turns out, the chocolate burned. Our brilliant plan was to strain the good chocolate then scrape the burned stuff off the bottom. As you can image it didn't work so well. It didn't taste that bad, until the after taste came. As for the cheese fondue...well, $20 Worth of cheese went in the trash. I have no idea what went wrong. You couldn't even stick a pretzel in and come up with cheese.

With hungry bellies to feed, we pulled out the Velveeta Cheese and melted chocolate chips. Our "White Trash Fondue" party was ready to begin.
The Christmas party just happen to be Bettie's Birthday so we had a mini celebration for her. Happy Birthday Dear.


We had a white elephant gift exchange and played games.

Here we are modeling our Christmas presents from the Stevenson's. "I love Rupert" Shirts. Lance just won a close race in Rupert for District Attorney. Yeah Lance!!!

Despite the mishap with the food, we had a fabulous time. I just want to say I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!! You guys are the best.

6 comments:

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Personally, I love a little burnt in my chocolate!
We had such a great time. I wish we could do this every day!

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Amanda and Bettie- Fondue Chefs for Hire!

Charging only $60.00 an hour.

Oh wait, we will waste $60.00 an hour in ingredients!

Well at least we had a great laugh!
Finding joy in the journey.

Coby said...

Gas money to Logan = $20
Expensive Cheese and Chocolate =$30
Burning it all and eating velveeta = Priceless

Shannon said...

I actually loved the burnt chocolate and the velveeta!! It was fun to hang out with you and all your friends. Thanks for inviting me to the party! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

This party was sooo fun! Your house was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! (That's not a shocker). I LOVED the chocolate fondue! West was even nice enough to make me a little "doggie" cup of it to take home and what did I do...FORGOT IT! Dang it!

We seriously have so much fun being with you guys. Everything is always hysterical and we leave feeling so grateful to have you in our lives. Thanks for being such amazing friends! We love you!

Jamie Jo said...

Rupert, ID?